Rheumatology is a medical speciality that treats musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diseases. The musculoskeletal system is formed by bones, muscles, tendons and joints.
It doesn’t exist any illness named “rheuma” but a set of around 200 rheumatic diseases, each with their name, between them are the arthrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, lupus, Sjögren syndrome, gout and other illness because of crystals, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and many others.
As in other medical areas there is a medical and surgical specialist, in the called “ bones illness”, the rheumatologist is the one in charge of the diagnosis and not surgical treatment of this disease, while the rheumatologist is in charge of those that originate after a trauma and their remedy is surgical.
Rheumatic illness can appear at any age, from children to elderlies.
In the past years there appeared several medications, some of them called “biologic drugs”, that improve the quality of life of the patients with chronic inflammatory disease as it is the rheumathoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, psoriatic arthropaty and ankylosing spondylitis.
The early detection of this inflammatory diseases decreases the aftermaths that they produce if they aren’t correctly diagnosed.
Accordingly, the role of the rheumatologist is essential to discern the ones that are rheumatic inflammatory diseases of others that aren’t.
In Magna Clinic we can offer you:
- Musculoskeletal system revision
- Detection, study and treatment of the osteoporosis
- Treatment of the tendinopathy
- Joint ajnd periarticular infiltration
- Treatment of out and other arthritis caused by crysals
- Detection and treatment of chronic inflammatory rheumatic diseases: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis,psoriatic arthritis, Sjögen’s syndrome, scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematous and other autoimmune diseases
- Study of the immunity of the dry eye
- Evaluation of the Raynaud’s phenomenon
- Positive antinuclear antibodies consultation and other rheumatoid tests alterations
Fill out the form and we will contact you to confirm availability: